Monday, January 3, 2011

Someone buy me a time machine ...

And take me back to where we didn't have technology ..

Hate the phone. Hate texting. Hate the fact that Soldier has now only relied on via Facebook chat or Google chat to communicate. He doesn't call anymore, which is fine I know he is extremely busy and I understand that. Skype, I will admit, is an amazing invention and we would be lost without it on the times we do get to use it. Now, don't get me wrong. The fact that he is able to get online and let me know in the two minutes we do get to talk that he is okay, he loves me, and will call "soon." I don't hold my breath on that statement. Those two minutes really do take a lot of worry off my shoulders. It is just hard when I would give anything to get a written letter from him. He has sent three since he has deployed. Mind you, a written letter from Soldier is a card with a written message on the inside. It is cute and our little thing we do .. I write the long, hand-written letters to him and he writes me a short sentence or two on the inside of a cute card. I love it. I have only received three. I miss seeing those hand-written words that tell me he loves me, he misses me, and he cannot wait to see me again. Seeing it hand-written, to me, seems so much more meaningful because he took time out of his day to go buy that card, write down a note to express his feelings, and put it in the mailbox to be sent home.

This is going to sound strange .. But I honestly would give anything to go back and expericence a deployment like WWII or Vietnam. Those wives have true strength by going months or even years without any means of communication. Just waiting on a single letter that could arrive tomorrow or never. Each day dreading to get the knock or letter in the mail saying that their Soldier would not make it home. That is true love, true patience, true strength. I would give anything to experience that. We are all very strong wives, girlfriends, or fiances but we have it really lucky with the technology we have these days. Satellite phones, world/international phones that are able to text and call, skype and other video chat, internet access .. Insane. Even our snail mail is a lot quicker than what it used to be. I could send a letter to my Soldier and within a week and a half, two weeks at most and if he is at an area where his mail is, he would receive it. I wonder what the WWII Veterans and wives would think of all the communication access we have available today. I would love to sit down and chat with one of them. They are who I admire. Along with my Soldier, they are who I think of when I am weak and if any of them could wait years for their man .. So could I.

I would wait forever for you .. No matter the days, weeks, months, years .. As long as I know I have you in my life, that is all that matters. I know you are doing what you love and fighting for what you believe in. I will be here through it all, supporting you and loving you more than words could ever describe. I knew what I was getting into when I married you and I wouldn't change it for the world. I am proud to be your wife .. An Army wife. I love you. All I ask is to be safe and to keep your promises.


The Great Challenge: Day Three ...


Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show .. (January 3, 2011)

Love him. Addicted to the show. Want his job (forensics part not the serial killer).

1 comment: