Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice, ice baby ...

Another snow day .. Or better yet, an ice day. We had freezing rain overnight and literally my entire backyard was like an ice rink. It was fun and hilarious watching the boys try to walk on the ice. They were slipping and sliding all over and wondering what the hell is up with the ground. It was cute. We had fun ice skating for free in our backyard .. But other than that, I have been enjoying the fact that I am stuck in my house due to my driveway being frozen over. Schools are still closed tomorrow, as of right now, thankfully I am also taking online classes which have been keeping me extra busy these past two days. All the wonderful "introductions" and "get to know me's" that you have to post for your classmates to comment on. Oh joy. I just am ready to get into the semester and to be so busy with assignments, tests, and mid-term/finals that the time just flies by and Soldier will be home for R&R. I think that is asking a tad bit much granted the semester just started yesterday. Silly Sarah, time doesn't fly by that fast. Durr.

I am excited though about a couple of things .. I am on a couple of those "Army wife" sites for the duty station that you are stationed at on Facebook. Well, a couple other wives posted announcements about an all girls Soccer team and also an all girls Volleyball team. I am so excited. I used to play both of those sports when I was younger and have been anxiously wanting to get back into any of my sports for a while now. It is something that will get me out of the house a lot more and also help time go by a teeny bit quicker. Soccer should be starting at the end of this month until I believe March .. Not sure, still waiting on some information. Volleyball starts March until April. So I am going to be a busy girl .. Yippee!!

As the typical girl I am .. I posted yet another status on Facebook saying how I am so excited to play Soccer and Volleyball again. Well, I guess Soldier popped online this morning and just left a "?" on my status. Ha, typical him. So typical. I just wrote back that I would explain, and it wasn't like the last time I wanted to join a team. (If ya'll read the co-ed Soccer team I wanted to join, you'd know what I'm referring to). So, I got an email several hours later just asking for the information and details about the Soccer team. He didn't say anything about Volleyball. Hmm, wonder why. I guess because guys don't typicall play Volleyball? .. Or at least male Soldiers? Maybe. But, I wrote him back telling him what I knew and explained in great detail that it is definitly an all women's team. Haven't heard anything back yet, hopefully he isn't popping a blood vessel by worrying about me with a whole bunch of females kicking a ball around on a field. Yikes, I guess that is a lot to worry about. Hardy-harr.

Until next time ..


The Great Challenge: Day Eleven ...

  
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate .. (January 11, 2011)

Saying goodbye is one of the most emotional and painful things to do. Not only does it bring tears but the first couple weeks it brings heartache. But with every goodbye comes an amazing welcome home feeling that I look forward to each and everyday. It is what gets me through each deployment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment