Friday, January 7, 2011

The Great Challenge: Day Seven ...


Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item .. (January 7, 2011)

So I have more than one ..

I keep every bouquet of roses that Soldier gives me and place them on my night stand and let them dry out until I receive new, fresh ones. For me, it is a way of keeping him close to me while I sleep. These ones are from my birthday.

He gave me a set of his dog tags the last time we were able to spend together before our first deployment back in August 2007. He told me that only his family have his dog tags, and I have kept them close to me throughout our entire relationship and each deployment. They are a part of him that I take everywhere with me. They will never leave my side.

Our rings. He left me his ring the day he deployed to Afghanistan. He said that he wants me to keep it safe and to hold onto it until he is home safely, because he always keeps his promises and will be coming home to me, safe and sound, at the end of this deployment.


No comments:

Post a Comment