Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Great Challenge: Day Twenty-six ...

Wow ... January has seriously been the longest month in my entire life. When will it ever end? Grrr .. I am not sure if this photo challenge has helped make the days go by quicker or perhaps just dragged the days along since I am counting each day, which is something I never do. Thankfully February is such a short month. I need something to go by quick to pick my spirits up and reassure me that time is truly going by fast. Bleh, booo January. You can leave and be over already. Thanks.

Until next time ...


Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you .. (January 26, 2011)

This Army bear was handed down to me from Soldier's Grandmother. His name is Hero and is from the USO in Georgia. He watches over me and the boys while Soldier is away. He keeps us safe and reassures us that our Soldier will be home safe and sound to us soon.
"We all pray, when day is done, that freedom comes to everyone!"

This is LoveBuggs, my deployment doggie for our first deployment to Iraq. Since I have two live ones for this deployment, he sleeps in our room on my dresser looking over me and helping me through all the sleepless nights and rough mornings while Soldier is away.

Soldier gave me the nickname, "Koala Bear" when we first started dating due to the fact that we were goofing around and having fun one time and I jumped onto his back and hooked my arms and legs around his body and wouldn't let go. I kept laughing and laughing while he walked around the house and he then said that I looked like a "Koala Bear" on his back. So it stuck. He sleeps on my dresser and reminds me every day of all the good and fun times that Soldier and I have had, and for all the many more to come in our future :).
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment