Sunday, January 16, 2011

Reality check ...

The Great Challenge: Day Sixteen ...


Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you .. (January 16, 2011)

Personally .. I don't care if this comes out vain.

Besides Soldier and my family that inspire me just as much, I inspire myself more than anything.

Without pushing myself to be in great shape in all my sports and to always play my best, to always work hard at my education and set goals and strive to be better than what I expected, and to overcome all the obstacles I had to go through (good or bad) in my lifetime up to this point .. I would never be the person I am today. I would never have felt as accomplished as I do now, so far in my life, and I still have so many goals that I plan to achieve. I am my own inspiration, because without believing and pushing yourself .. You won't get anywhere in this life.
 
 
Now .. Usually with the past photographs for this challenge, I have always posted them as soon as I got online. I would see what the challenge called for that day and I would search through my pictures and decide which to put that was absolutely perfect and suits that day .. Today was a little different. It has been a lazy Sunday, so there's a reason this post is being published so late. When I read this day's challenge about who inspire's me .. At first, it ran through my mind as "oh this is easy." Wrong. Of course my Soldier crossed my mind, but I always put him and, honestly, if I could and wanted to make this photo challenge boring, I could find ways to put him as every single day. But I don't want that. I have other people in my life that mean just as much. My family does inspire me, in all that I do. Or at least, deep down I hope they would no matter what decision I decide. Now, when I refer to family this one time .. I am somewhat aiming directly at my Sister. We are in a .. I guess you would call it a fight. We never fight, yes we disagree. Everyone disagrees one point or another. But we are not only Sisters .. We are best friends. I cannot even begin to start explaining how close we are. So, as normal as it is, when I moved cross country to start my own life with Soldier. It completely broke us. She is four years older than me and although she went off and did the College thing .. She was still in the same state and only six hours away from family. Compared to me being thousands of miles away. But you adjust, you learn to deal with it because life is not a fairytale and people have their own lives which is somtimes, like in our situation, in a completely different state. It happens. You deal with it.
 
Well, I don't feel like getting into the specific details .. But we are just in a fight right now and when I read today's challenge, I automatically wanted to put her. Because she has always been the one to push me the hardest in all my sports, education, or any of my situations I had to deal with. She is definitly my rock. No matter a fight or not. But with the things that have been said back and forth lately, it just didn't feel right to put her as my challenge photograph. I am not trying to sound immature here, but it made me think for, well .. All day long and made me realize that I am the one who inspires myself more than anyone in this life. I would not be the person I am today if I .. MYSELF .. Didn't push or believe in doing what I wanted or what needed to be done in my life. I guess you could just say that today, although it is just a lame Facebook photo challenge that is keeping me distracted each day .. It really hit home. This challenge made me question myself and made me realize that, although yes I had an amazing family and Soldier as a backbone .. I am truly the only person that has held myself up my entire life. It is always only you. Without believing in yourself in all that you do or want to achieve .. You will end up with nothing or nowhere. You are always your own inspiration. You can do anything you want to do in this life as long as you continue to strive and keep determined to get where you want to be. Never give that up or let anyone tell you differently. Don't ever forget that.
 
*Sigh* .. I am not trying to preach at all, so please do not take it that way by any means. I just .. Had a huge realization today and wanted to share. You can take it or leave it .. It really does not bother me either way.
 
But, until next time ...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment