Monday, January 17, 2011

The Great Challenge: Day Seventeen ...


Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently .. (January 17, 2011)

Gold Star Families are those who have lost a loved one in any combat zone in any of the armed forces.

This second deployment has a whole new effect on me. Maybe it's because I am away from both our families, living alone and taking c
are of our house and our two dogs.

Either way .. It has hit me a lot harder this deployment on how many true heroes are taken from us each and every day. The grief and heartbreak that those families have to deal with, is beyond words and something I truly hope I never have to feel. Those families have showed me true strength, love, and patience. They have made me cherish every single moment I get to talk to Soldier, made me realize that life is fragile and could be taken at a blink of an eye, and made me truly live each day the best that I could. My heart goes out to all of these families .. Especially those wives who have lost their husbands, no matter what age they are, I think of you everyday. Thank you to all our service members, for your courageous ultimate sacrifice. You truly will never be forgotten. <3<3

1 comment:

  1. i actually learned something from this... i wasn't aware of what the gold star stood for.. but i am in complete agreement with you... its women such as them that show and prove what true courage is on a day to day basis... with our first deployment approaching so quickly, it truely makes me appreciate our time more together than ever.

    ReplyDelete