Saturday, January 8, 2011

He took it as a hint ...

So this morning I received a lovely package from my Soldier .. Well not so much a package but a new, fresh bouquet of flowers. I am guessing he saw my picture I posted yesterday for my photo challenge and although it was not a hint at all, he took it as one. So now I have fresh, new yellow roses that will sit on my bedside .. Until those too dry out. Which I don't mind at all, I actually for some reason like dried out flowers. They hold memories of when I received them and why I received them and I love looking at them and just thinking of my Soldier and knowing he is the one to have sent them to me.


Part of his card had read .. "Looks like your last ones were dry enough. I hope these brighten your day. I love you"

Why yes babe, they certainly did brighten my day. Anything from you always brightens my day. I love you too.

Now .. Let's see, what day is it. The eighth .. So here's my photo for the day. Enjoy!

The Great Challenge: Day Eight ...

Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh .. (January 8, 2011)

The Cyranski style of opening a bottle of wine .. Nail and pliers! Makes me laugh to this day! Miss you two!

Story behind this photograph: These are two of our closest friends who had to PCS to Fort Carson, Colorado. The night before they were leaving, we had dinner and hung out at their apartment. Well the movers had already packed up everything .. Including their bottle opener. So, no worries! We found a nail and pliers and it worked just as great! Such great memories with them and we cannot wait to be reunited with them someday in the future!


1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! What a good guy :) The flowers are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete