Thursday, March 17, 2011

Remembering ...

This week for link up .. I am making it as a dedication. Somewhat.

A dedication to those who have lost a loved one. Soldier. Marine. Brother. Sister. Niece. Best friend. Mother. Father. Grandparent. Childhood friend.

If you have lost someone and just wish you could talk to them again .. This song is for you. This week was a tad bit bittersweet for me.

Sunday. March 13, 2011 .. Marked seven years of my old high school friend's Mother's death. She passed from breast cancer and it was our freshmen year and our first experience with dealing with grief, and at such a young age. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I can still feel her as I held her hand after she passed. Hugging my best friend (at the time) while she cried and cried. We both did. It is a day that no matter how often we talk or see each other .. The group of girls that used to be inseparable all come together no matter what and tell each other how much her Mother and all our friendships have meant to each other. I hate that it has to take that day to have us all reunite, but we know no matter what. We will always love one another. It's just that bond that never fades.

Monday. March 14, 2011 .. I don't know her personally, but I have followed her blog and facebook as she has been going through this struggle. It marked the one year of Mrs. P's beloved husband that gave the ultimate sacrifice this time last year in Afghanistan. Like I said, although I didn't know her. I had a very heavy heart for her on that day. It was all I thought about all day and just hoped that she continues to have strength and her husband, her Marine will always be in my thoughts.

So, I decided that this song seemed appropriate for this week's link up. It's for those that wish you could get into contact again with your lost loved ones. Never give up strength, they are always with you. In each step and each breathe that you take. They are with you and watching over you.

Go link up with Goodnight Moon and share your favorite emotion this week.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Until next time ...

4 comments:

  1. Perfect song for a dedication for your friend and Mrs. P. I can't even put into words how sad it is. It is just heartbreaking.

    Thank you for linking up this week and sharing your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tears before I even played the song. Such a good song.

    ReplyDelete