Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meh ...

Haven't been in the mood to write lately. Not sure what the deal is, but it shall pass. Just like everything else that stumbles upon me and switches up my moods. I promised I would write about Colorado and so here it is.

It was so nice getting away from this Military town and although we were about a half hour away from Fort Carson .. It didn't feel or even look like a Military town, let alone what Bragg looks like. It was a nice breath of fresh air. We hung out, relaxed, went out to dinner, drank too much wine, vented, cried, laughed .. Did it all. It was exactly what I needed before our R&R reunion in a couple of weeks. It was so great to see my friend. It had been almost two years since we last saw each other and it was like no time had passed. We picked up right where we had left off and grew even more closer within the five days I was there. I can truly call her one of my best friends. And not just a "Military wife" friend. She is genuine, real, down-to-earth, and an all around amazing person who gets me. I couldn't ask for a better mini-vacation. I am already planning and anxiously waiting for the next time we are together. I miss you, Lauren. So much already .. Oh and Hankie. Such a cuddle monster.

Here are a few pictures from my trip. I have a ton but I figure I will post the good ones.

Fort Carson. Home of the 4th Infantry Division

Broadmoor. Homes that are ridiculously expensive but amazingly gorgeous

Medicinal Marijuana is legal and some of the stores names were hilarious.
Some others: Dr. Reefer's. THC (The Healthy Connection). Pipe's Peak (Instead of Pike's Peak)

Air Force Academy -- Falcon Stadium

A true Hero. Survived both World Wars.
Rest in Peace

Infront of Garden of the Gods

Our view from the house of Pike's Peak
Breathtaking

My friend, Lauren, and I climbing The Incline
Definitly an accomplishment

Stairway to heaven

So close, yet felt like so far away


Hopefully I will be more in the mood to write this coming week. We have Spring Break this week. Whoop-de-doo. Nothing planned other than working out and starting to get the house ready for R&R time. It is starting to get really nice outside, thank goodness. This snow queen is ready for some Spring weather. Not too sure I am ready for the North Carolina Summer humidity, but some Spring weather will be a nice change.

Just make sure to keep it Winter time in Afghanistan. I know Spring is coming and the fight just gets more active in the warmer temperatures. We don't need anymore close calls or incidents. Oh .. Yeah. IED incident with Soldier. Awesome. He's fine. So are his guys. Just .. Really? Another incident within in a month. Afghanistan is trying to give me a heart attack. Grrr. You won't win. R&R is so soon. Keep staying strong baby. Keep your promises and hurry home, safe and sound, to the boys and I. We are always patiently waiting. I love you. Forever and always.

I will always be with you.

Until next time ...



No comments:

Post a Comment