Thursday, March 10, 2011

How are YOU feeling this week ...

It's link up time .. Head on over to Goodnight Moon and link up your song. Your feeling. Whatever is on your mind this past week, put it out there in song. What better way. Ya know. It expresses everything and makes you feel better. At least it does for me.

I look forward to every Thursday now because I love putting out the songs that touch my heart .. And have helped me through deployments and all the rough times they bring. Also, between you and I, every Thursday is just one Thursday closer to our R&R and his homecoming. Which in turn, means him coming home safe! So .. I love these link ups very much.

This week, I am not sure how to express what this song means to me. It just has been on replay my entire week .. Almost month. I first heard this song on my Pandora, and of course liked it immediately. It came on again and again each time I turned my Pandora on. If you really listen to the lyrics, it is a sad one. It is about a Soldier just wanting to come home, to see his wife and kids .. And when he returns he realizes that he has come "home" but not the way they wanted or expected.

It hits home.

So, it popped into my head the other week and I just REALLY wanted to listen to it. I forgot the name and artist of it, go figure, and had no way of tracking it on my Pandora. So I googled and googled as much as I could remember or as many phrases I could remember to find it. Well, tough luck. Google failed me. I decided to just turn on my Pandora in hopes that it will pop up. What luck right. Well after two days .. It finally came up again. I skipped with joy. I immediately bookmarked it so I could never forget it again and then put my palm to my face to think how lame I was to not remember this song. Duur, Sarah. Come on. Sheesh.

So here it is. My song of the week. It has been my anthem, on replay all week, and I want to share it with ya'll. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It is soothing and something you can just sit and relax to. It makes your mind wander and venture off to the unknown. Let's you sink into your fears or worries and make you realize how thankful and lucky you are to know he is okay and he WILL be coming home to you.

I love the sad songs that end up making you that much more thankful. We are truly lucky. We need to embrace that .. And never forget that.

Enjoy ...



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Until next time ...

4 comments:

  1. This song gave me goosebumps and a tear in my eye.

    I am horrible with songs....I hear one and for the life of me can't remember the name or artist. I do this all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard this song but it just totally made my list of "have to download soon" haha I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have never heard of this song before, so thank you so much for sharing it with everyone!

    Yes...just remember that every day down, is a day closer to seeing your love. Sending you hugs girlie!!!!

    Thanks for linking up again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him :D Great song to have in the background overand over and over again! It definitely gives me chills!

    ReplyDelete