Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why .. Hello February ...

So nice of you to finally show up. Believe me, I am beyond glad to see you.

Now be good to me and go by quickly and be short like you are known to be good for and bring on March. Pretty please. That would be awesome.

Welp, another month down. Another month closer to our R&R and our homecoming. Woot-woot.

School has been kicking my ass lately. If I was the smart kid that I know I could be, I would have taken five classes last semester and only four this semester. Dur, Sarah. We have R&R this semester and you piled on classes. *Shakes head* Oh well. I will overcome. Like I always do. I think I am letting my school get to me because after this semester, I will need to decide what college I am finishing my Bachelor's at. Due to the lovely Army life, it will be hard to finish at a campus in North Carolina since we plan to PCS and move to different places when he is home from deployment. So I have been researching and researching online schools and ... I just give up. Well, not totally. Just for this week. I need a break and it is distracting me and making me stress over school more than I should be. Unnecessary.

On the brighter side, I am going paint shopping on Saturday and plan to start painting the insides of our house! Once I start, I will post progress. I am so excited. It is a little project for me to do before Soldier comes home on R&R. I can't wait to be done, although I haven't even started, but moreso for him to be home and to see it. He is going to be thrilled. And it will just make our little house look even more cute. Can't wait.

Hmm .. Let's see. Half-marathon training has been going very well. I feel great and this weekend I will be up to running six miles. Woot. Go Sarah. I love running. Feels amazing and you can just get lost in your music and let your worries go away for that time period. I get deep when I run. It's my escape from the real world. You need that every so often. Need a break from reality .. From your worries, your stress. Go to where your life is "perfect." Hmm .. Cheesy? A bit much. But eh. Working out in general is a nice stress-reliever and to get away and out of the house for a little bit. Although, I work out on post so technically I am still surrounded by Soldiers and reminded of my worries. Booo. I block it out.

Soldier is doing good. Going out, fighting, doing what he does. We have barely communicated. As usual. But he is making time pass and he just keeps saying how anxious he is for R&R. As am I, babe .. As am I. The boys miss you. They tell me every day. Oh .. Which reminds me, I have been sleeping out on the couch the past week ... Uhm, week and a half. Maybe. Yeah .. Don't know what it is. Don't want to go to bed. The boys sleep with me. Magooz on the couch with me and Sam-man on the recliner. I honestly don't think I will sleep in our bed until R&R. Sad. No pity party though for me. I actually like the couch. Ours is super comfortable. Minus the heat blanket from Magooz, I don't mind it at all.

Our anniversary (dating) is on February 13th. Three years. Awww. Then of course, the lovely Valentine's day. I might go out to dinner .. By myself. I have always wanted to do it. And what better day than to go out on our anniversary and Valentine's day. I already have it set in stone for our wedding anniversary that I am going out to a very nice restaurant .. By myself .. And celebrating our two year anniversary! I think it will be fun. Don't judge. I've always wanted to do it. I can't believe it has been three years since we made things "official." Crazy. Time truly flies when you look back on it. Going through it though, it just draaaags.

Uhm .. Well I might call it a night. I think I pretty much caught up on everything. If not then I'll write again. That's what blogs are for right? To write? Oh, that sounds confusing. Time for bed. Goodnight.

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment