Sunday, February 20, 2011

Updates ...

Sooo let's see .. Other than the fact that I have just been completely and utterly drained this past week, for reasons I do not know .. Soldier surprised me with a mini-vacation to Colorado Springs, Colorado! One of mine (and his) really good friends PCS'd out there about two years ago and we have yet to see one another. Her husband deployed with Soldier for our previous deployment to Iraq. He is currently deployed also and has been lucky enough to run into Soldier once or twice during this deployment. It makes me so incredibly happy to know they have seen each other. I know they not only miss working with one another, but also miss seeing each other. We hope to do a couples getaway once the boys are back home safely to us.

So, yep! I am on my way to Colorado in about a week. I am so freaking excited that I cannot express it in words. It will be such a nice little getaway before our R&R is here. It is definitly something I have been needing and I know I am going to just have a complete blast spending time with her .. Oh, and did I mention she has an absolutely adorable doggy named Hankie that I cannot wait to meet and snuggle up with! I think I am more excited to see Hankie than her .. Tee-hee JUST KIDDING! ;)

You know I love and can't wait to see you!!

Like I stated in my previous blog, I have been sleeping out on my couch the past .. However long. Well one morning, after passing out on the couch with the boys, I woke up to find that two .. Just two, keys from my keyboard fell out? Or were eaten by the boys? (Probably Magooz) .. Needless to say, they are missing .. Vanished, gone, can't find them anywhere. The odd part about the two keys, is that the U and the I were missing. Hmm, I immediately thought .. Okay, who's trying to send me a sign. U and I .. They're missing. What are you trying to say? But they are fixed now. I ordered the keys online because supposedly my Best Buy two-year warranty does NOT cover missing keys. Pathetic. Isn't that the whole reason for having a warranty, to replace and fix things. Tsk, tsk Best Buy.

All is right in the world now because U and I are back together. No worries.

Soldier is doing well. Same old, same old. Keeping crazy busy and trying to make time go by as quickly as possible. We have been lucky to talk online, via facebook chat, the past couple of days. It is always so nice to see him pop online. That sense of reassurance is filled that he is okay for today. Safe and sound, just the way I like him. Oh, and need him to be .. R&R is soon!

Both my rings are broken .. Tear. It is completely devastating. I have a promise ring that Soldier gave me when we "officially" started dating three years ago and it has lasted three years and now it has a missing tooth (diamond). I am so sad. I have no clue where I lost it or even when I did lose it .. I just remember looking down one day while sitting on the couch and let out a huge gasp and realized his tooth was missing. Poor guy, I need to go find a jeweler that won't charge me an arm and a leg to give him another one. Grr. It breaks my heart to look down at it now, it's so incomplete.

Aaand, my wedding ring is breaking! Big tear for this one. This is one of my most treasured items. Soldier picked my ring out all on his own, he chose this specific design because he felt it fits me .. It fits who I am. And now it is breaking. The underwire, or whatever you call it, is breaking and now it scratches and rubs my finger. Just giving me a daily reminder that it is broken. Urg. Devastating. I am hoping to send it back with my in-laws when they come visit for R&R and have them take it to the jewelers to get it fixed. Sadly to say, I will be ringless for not sure how long. Ugh .. I hate not wearing my rings, especially when he is away. It's one of the things that makes him still feel close, that he is always with me each and every day.

*Tear, tear, tear*

It has been so gorgeous out lately. I am totally a snow queen and love, love, love the winter weather .. But this queen is ready for some sunny Springy weather. Not really the North Carolina humidity just yet, but some nice warm weather with a nice, slight breeze kind of day. You know what I mean? Work with me Mother Nature, after my vacation to Iceland .. A.K.A. Colorado, (PS: I am flying into 18 degree weather .. Awesome!!) I expect some amazing Spring weather. Oh, and specifically for our R&R time because Soldier and I are going to the beach .. Soooo, I need some great weather to work with when I show him my bikini bod. Help a girl out.

Other than a lazy Sunday and celebrating another week down .. There is not too much left to write about. I am sure I missed something, but hey .. That just means I get to write again. Nothing wrong with that. Hope ya'll are having  good weekend and for the fellow Military .. Hope the four-day weekend has been going by slow for you. Enjoy the time off, ya'll work too hard defending this country. Put your feet up and have a cold one on me. Okay? Goog deal.

Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting about your trip! And even more exciting that R&R is so close for you :) My wedding ring also lost a "tooth" I was doing the dishes and noticed it missing. I panicked and immediately burst into tears. Luckily the hubby had insurance on it but I felt naked without my rings. It seemed like it took forever to get them fixed hopefully yours will be a quick fix

    ReplyDelete