Thursday, February 24, 2011

Song of my day ...

I absolutely love this idea .. Music is what keeps me sane and keeps me going through not only each and every day but through this deployment. There is honestly a song for every mood, situation, or something to just make you get up and shake your booty.
I am linking up with Goodnight Moon for her first song link up. Her idea is to pick out a song that you're "feeling" lately and post it to your blog and then link up on her page!

I always have my Pandora on, whether it be just to listen to while watching tv or while doing homework. I like all sorts of music, but I am on a country kick right now. I mean, how can you not? Country is so patriotic and so meaningful. No matter the artist you can just feel their emotion as they sing their song. Gives me chills and I can relate to so many, my list is endless.

So with that said .. The song that I am "feeling" not only today, but for a while now is "Real" by James Wesley. I think it has an amazing meaning and something everyone should listen to and think about also. People need a reality check more than they realize. Even I do .. And with dealing with our second (and toughest) deployment, I have had several reality checks, slaps in the face, and buckets of cold water dumped on me. Life is precious, it can be taken from you in a blink of an eye .. It can change completely within minutes. Never take anything for granted, or anyone for that matter. Live each day as it's your last. Love like you will never love again. Laugh .. Each and every day. Smile. Cry when you want to or need to. No point in holding it in. Crying is beautiful and we need that release. Be thankful, it's not cocky. Know you're lucky for the life you are living .. And be proud for everything you, you're significant other, family, friends, dogs, cats, anyone .. Be proud of all that is done for this world to keep us living the way we get to. This is real ... This is life. It's not a fairytale storybook. It's a rollercoaster that nobody knows when they will get off.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Go .. Go now. Link up. Share your song. Share your feeling.

Until next time ...

7 comments:

  1. You're story + pictures + song just made me cry like a lot and it's 8am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog thru Goodnight Moon's link up .. Great pictures .. Love this song!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love this song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through Goodnight Moon's link up as well. Your post is amazing! Keep up the great work & the song is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay seriously....you had me tearing up listening your song choice and reading your words. Ugh....I'm so sorry your having such a hard time during the deployment. Sending you lots and lots of hugs! Songs are so important, especially while going through a deployment. It's like we hang onto every word of the songs and close our eyes and think of our hubs.

    Thanks for linking up! See you next week, same time, same place, different song!

    {{{hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your words up there sweet girl. i'm right with you. music has been my safe haven while my hubby is deployed. i've never been a crier but i've learned it's okay to cry and get it because sometimes that's just what you need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found music to be a key component of me dealing with this deployment as well! Sometimes I just need sad songs for an hour, and sometimes I need a good song to make me happy. What a great song- I had never heard it! So true- we need to take every minute and be thankful.

    ReplyDelete