Sunday, February 13, 2011

Uno, Dos, Tres ...

Happy Anniversary to Soldier and meeeee.

Three years of being together.
Three years of washing his dirty, stinky uniform (which I actually miss doing .. boo-hoo), countless date nights, a million laughs, some tears along the way, and a love that has grown so strong and so pure that words could just never describe it.

Three years ago today .. He was home on his R&R for our first deployment. Three years ago! Where in the world has the time gone. It feels like just yesterday that he was surprising me at work on his R&R. Now we are well into our second deployment and anxiously awaiting our second R&R reunion. Crazy where the world takes you and how much you have changed and grown throughout the years.

These past three years have been the most amazing three years of my life. We had such a rollercoaster of a ride .. But have stuck by each other's sides through thick and thin, through the ups and downs, through the great times and the worst of times. No matter what obstacle has been put in our path, we have overcame it .. Together.

I was able to chat briefly with Soldier over facebook chat .. Hey, I will take whatever I can get. He was exhausted, as usual, but it was nice to swap some mushy-gushy words and say goodnight. My day was complete just by seeing him pop online. I don't need much. Just him. And seeing him pop online gives me that reassurance that we survived another day and he is safe and sound, as much as he can be.

Oohh, ooh! I opened my Valentine's Day present early. It arrived the other day and I was lucky enough to be be talking to Soldier via Skype. He gave me the a-okay to open it with him able to see. Here is what I got ...


I absolutely love it! I couldn't ask for anything better! He told me not to hang it up until he is home for R&R so we can pick out a place together in our house! It is a pretty good sized heart made out of complete steel. The three colors are my favorite colors and he had his friend hand-make it. His brother is an artist and has some pretty awesome ideas that are usually never seen, so his brother and him have rubbed off on me on the whole "unique" art and things like that. So I think this is incredibly awesome and such an amazing gift. He said, "I know it's not much." Uhhh, hello. I don't need much. This is one of the best gifts I have ever received. I can't stop looking at it! One of the things I really love about this, or just in any gift I receive, is that I always love being able to look back and think of the memory of when, where, and why I received this gift. Years from now, we will be able to look at this heart and remember that Soldier sent me this while fighting overseas in Afghanistan. Although we were not able to spend our anniversary or Valentine's Day together .. He still found a way to send a piece of him and his heart to me. Cheesy, I know. But I love it. And I love him. Very, very much. Can ya tell?

I miss you babe. Especially on our day. I cannot wait for our reunion and to continue making amazing memories and to see what our future holds for us. We have so much to look forward to, and none of it could happen without you by my side. You are my whole entire world. You're my best friend. My rock. My strength. You are what keep me going. I would be lost without you. Please, keep your promises and hurry home to me.

You have my heart. I'll always be .. Forever yours.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

Happy Anniversary my love.
Three years down and a million more to conquer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment