Thursday, February 10, 2011

"That's awesome" ...

Really .. So it's awesome that my Soldier was six feet away from his life being taken away from him.

It's awesome that he almost sacrificed his entire life for you .. An idiot who thinks that someone is happy about receiving the Purple Heart. Nice. Real nice.

My Soldier didn't even smile in any of his pictures, let alone want an entire ceremony to honor his battle scars. Yes, given the other awards he received were very honorable and don't get me wrong .. Both him and I are very honored for him to receive those. But when I am told that it is "awesome" and "cool" .. Sorry, I can't just sit and say nothing. Not my style.

I get it. You don't know what to say. Well, instead of congratulating him for his near-death experience .. Why don't you say thank you. Thank him for the freedom he is giving you each and every day. Simple as that. Two words.

The sad part about this rant, is that the person who did make this comment .. Has a husband serving right along side mine. She had the nerve to tell me "it's awesome." Yeah. Go fuck yourself. Let me know how you'd feel when you experienced that unexplainable emotion of knowing your husband's life was nearly taken within a blink of an eye. Yes, please tell me how you would react.

You need a good slap to the face.

Sorry my Soldier actually wants to do his job and go out and protect this country that he loves. Unlike yours who would rather sit and pout every day about how these deployments are "pointless." Please, get out of the fucking Army if you think your deployments are pointless. I'd rather someone who truly loved their job and country to have my Soldier's back rather than yours. Pathetic.

Urg. People. I swear. Think before you talk. It drives me insane. Absolutely insane.

Just saying. *Shakes head*

End of rant. Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. I don't think people realize how scary a situation like that can be your man doesn't do it to earn an award because he thinks it would be cool.

    I am a new follower

    ReplyDelete