Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl ...

Whoo-hoo .. Well the team I wanted won! Go Pack Go!

I usually never follow football, and if I do .. It is always Soldier's team, the Seattle Seahawks. But for some weird reason, no lie, every time since I was little if someone asked me who my favorite football team was .. I would say the Green Bay Packers. So, I don't follow them, I never watch football .. But hey my favorite team just won the Super Bowl! Niiiice.

Now where's my Super Bowl ring?

Soldier is good. Out and about. Back to his usual schedule. He had his awards ceremony a couple days ago. Out of three awards, one of them he received was the Purple Heart. Given the circumstances he had to go through in order to obtain that award is very heartbreaking, but I am beyond proud of my Soldier and know that he is incredibly honored to be receiving that. I am just so thankful he is alive, standing, breathing and that HE is the one to be awarded the Purple Heart. I believe when a Soldier is killed in action and awarded the Purple Heart posthumously, the wife or next of kin is awarded it. Definitly something I hope I never have to experience. Ugh.



Nothing too new to report. Keeping busy until R&R is here. Let's just say this week the lucky number is .. Six!

Until next time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment