Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving ...

This Thanksgiving was the first time I've spent it away from family. Luckily, a lot of the other wives weren't planning on going home until Christmas so we decided to do a pot luck and we all made a certain recipe that our family always makes for tradition on Thanksgiving. I made some yummy candied yams which turned out to be super sweet and very delicious. We made a big turkey and sat around a big table, gave a toast to our loved ones who could not be here for this holiday and dug into some yummy and very filling food. We decided since we all were going to go home for Christmas that we would do an early gift exchange. I bought a Military related incense candle that everyone absolutely loved. I was able to walk away with a great bath kit filled with some nice-smelling lotion, shower gel, a new loofa, and a nifty little foot scrub to do my own pedicures. All in all, Thanksgiving was a big success. I was very thankful for being able to spend it with some great friends. I was missing my Soldier very much, but I know that next year we will be able to celebrate properly. I am so thankful for him and all that he does for our country. Words could never express.






No comments:

Post a Comment