Friday, December 10, 2010

Just one of those nights ...

Where you play that favorite sad song of yours over and over again, have a box of tissues that you use up all in one night, and snuggle up extra close to your cuddle-bugs (which in this case is my two boys). I don't even know why I am having one of those nights. I was able to talk to my Soldier for a little bit online this morning. I haven't heard his voice for almost two weeks now, so maybe that's it. I know any type of communication is great, but I just don't technically see emailing or instant messaging as really "talking." If that makes any sense in the world. If I can't hear his voice, then I don't think it's a true conversation. I mean, even though half our conversations online only last for like two minutes anyway.

I think it has something to do with reading about the sad story of the Marine, Derek Wyatt, who passed away on December 6, 2010. His wife gave birth to their baby boy the very next day. With death .. Comes a life. Now he will truly always be there with her and her baby boy. It just breaks my heart. So many Marines and Soldiers are dying almost everyday. What makes my life or my Soldiers life any different? He is fighting that same war. Why is that wife and child so unlucky to have that happen to them? It's sad. Completely shatters my heart. I wish words could heal, but I know they don't. "Time heals all wounds" .. Right? Time can be so painfully slow. I wish the best for that family. My thoughts are constantly with them. A brave Marine was taken from this earth and will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace now Marine :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment