Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heavy Heart ...

So some may call me crazy .. Well maybe more than some, but I have a tab on my home page for the Casualties website for the Afghanistan and Iraq war. I honestly do not have a good enough reason to explain why I have it or let alone check it every day. Maybe it is because ever since our personal casualty that we experienced in our deployment, I feel the need or want to read, know, and memorialize those names that are updated almost every day. Those names that have given the ultimate sacrifice so I can continue to live my life and type this very blog.

Today, though, I have a heavier heart than usual after checking my weird daily habit .. There were five ISAF servicemembers that were taken from us due to a suicide bomber.

Soldier was almost taken from us by a suicide bomber. He actually should have been taken, but someone or a couple of people were looking out for him that day. Him along with his fellow brothers should not be here today, I would be living a completely different life than the one I am living.

It makes me realize how lucky I am. I never want to take for granted the life I am living .. With my Soldier and having him home safe and sound. It is not fair for those families to have to go through such heartbreak and grief. I wish so badly I could take away the pain and hurt. Those five servicemembers will forever be in my heart, forever in my thoughts, and they will never be forgotten. Along with the thousands of other servicemembers that have so bravely risked their lives for us .. And those thousands of servicemembers that continue each and every single day without any pause to risk their lives and make sure that me and everyone else still have their freedom.

This is for you. All of you. My heart is filled of pride, love, and eternal support.

Until next time ...

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, my mom thinks I'm crazy but you know I want to remember those names, they had families. They gave up their life so my family can live free. And honestly it's sad because you hardly ever see those names on the news anymore. And If you do it's a quick little side note. I wish more people would realize there are people who have sacrificed so much.
    My hearts are with those 5 families <3
    Never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't crazy. I do it too. Not daily, but I check regularly. There is nothing crazy about wanting to remember our fallen - to know their names. We owe them that.

    Bless you for thinking to do that. Never, ever forgotten.

    ReplyDelete